Enterprise-grade EAN Scanner SDK
Want to integrate EAN barcode scanning into your app? We have the right barcode scanner solution for you. Learn how to transform every iOS or Android device into a versatile scanning tool now!
EAN-13 & EAN-8 Code
The most important areas of application for EAN codes are retail, distribution, and warehousing. The EAN – short for European Article Number – is used to identify individual products, which can then be linked to quantities or prices in the store’s database. Since they can only store a limited amount of data, EAN codes are not suitable for the kind of complex information seen in ticketing or parcel shipping.
- Used worldwide despite the name, except for North America, which uses the UPC standard.
- Stores either 13 or 8 digits (EAN-13 vs. EAN-8), which encode a GTIN (Global Trade Identification Number).
- The last digit is a mod10 checksum.
- EAN codes are defined as GS1 standards.
Want to see how it works?
Explore the fast and reliable functionalities of the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK in our Demo App – Download now!
The best option to replace outdated hardware scanners: Scanbot's EAN Scanner
With the Scanbot SDK, you can…
- Scan UPC or EAN barcodes with smartphones
- Cut costs for outdated hardware
- Switch from dedicated scanners to smart multi-tools that talk directly to your systems
- Easily scan EAN codes on the go
- Cover all tasks around inventory management, storage, and orders with one device
- Introduce interactive services like Scan & Go
- Implement EAN scanning within a week – short time-to-value
How to read EAN barcodes with Scanbot SDK
Launch the Scanbot SDK from anywhere in your app
Hold your device over the barcode
The SDK automatically reads and decodes the data in less than a second
Enhance your business process digitization with the Scanbot SDK’s cutting-edge features
- Single- and multi-scan: Read information from a single UPC or EAN barcode or several in one go.
- Filter: Adjust the Barcode Scanner to scan only certain barcodes.
- Save the image: Effortlessly turn barcode scans into PDFs for storage or further processing in the backend.
- Capture from pictures: Besides scanning barcodes with your device camera, you can also extract data from existing images that contain barcodes.
- Accuracy: No more struggling with incorrect scan results, even if barcodes are badly lit, corrupted, or snapped at an angle.
Want to work with more than one barcode type? We have you covered: All common 1D and 2D barcodes can be extracted with the Scanbot SDK – one solution fits all!
Start into a new digital journey with first-in-class scanning functionalities – Why is Scanbot the perfect solution for you?
- Quick integration: Implement our ready-to-use user interface within one week.
- No limits! Unlimited installs and scans make our SDK the perfect option when MAU and scan volume are hard to estimate. Stick to the predetermined budget with our fair licensing model.
- White-label solution: Adjust the ready-to-use components to match your Corporate Design.
- Your data is safe with us! Because our solution works 100% offline, it’s compliant with any data privacy law.
Licensing designed for Enterprise customers
Get in contact with Scanbot
Get started with the most reliable Barcode Scanner
Why is Scanbot your best choice?