Enterprise-grade EAN Scanner SDK
Want to integrate EAN barcode scanning into your app? We have the right barcode scanner solution for you. Learn how to transform every iOS, Android, and Windows device into a versatile scanning tool now!
Enterprises that use our solutions
The most important areas of application for EAN barcodes are retail, distribution, and warehousing. The EAN – short for European Article Number – is used to identify individual products, which can then be linked to quantities or prices in the store’s database. Since they can only store a limited amount of data, EAN codes are not suitable for the kind of complex information seen in ticketing or parcel shipping.
- Used worldwide despite the name, except for North America, which uses the UPC standard
- Stores either 13 or 8 digits (EAN-13 vs. EAN-8), which encode a GTIN (Global Trade Identification Number)
- The last digit is a mod10 checksum
- EAN codes are defined as GS1 standards
The best option to replace outdated hardware scanners: Scanbot's EAN Scanner
With the Scanbot SDK, you can…
- Scan UPC or EAN barcodes with smartphones
- Cut costs for outdated hardware
- Switch from dedicated scanners to smart multi-tools that talk directly to your systems
- Easily scan EAN codes on the go
- Cover all tasks around inventory management, storage, and orders with one device
- Introduce interactive services such as Scan & Go
- Implement EAN scanning within hours – for a short time-to-value
A reliable Barcode Scanner SDK covering a wide range of codes
Whether your app is used by your employees or your customers: You want it to work quickly and reliably. That’s why our Barcode Scanner SDK uses computer vision algorithms and machine learning models to guarantee lightning-fast and accurate barcode detection.
Its coverage of barcode symbologies is one of the widest out there. With the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK, you can solve business problems in any industry, automate workflows, and optimize your internal processes.
1D SymbologiesLearn more about our 1D Barcode Scanner
2D SymbologiesLearn more about our 2D Barcode Scanner
Would you like to know more about our pricing?
Get in touch with us and receive more pricing details within a day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an EAN barcode?
EAN barcodes encode article numbers. Initially, they stored only "European Article Numbers" (EANs). From 2009 onwards, EAN codes are also used to store GTINs (Global Trade Item Numbers).
Is an EAN the same as a barcode?
EAN stands for "European Article Number" and is used to assign all European products with individual article numbers. The EAN barcode is used to encode these numbers.
How do I find the EAN of a product?
A product's EAN can usually be found on its packaging, often in the back.