Enterprise-grade Code 39 Barcode Reader SDK
The Scanbot Code 39 Scanner SDK lets you integrate fast barcode scanning into your mobile app in no time. Use any iOS, Android, or Windows device as a flexible scanning tool. It’s fast, accurate, and cost-effective!
Enterprises that use our solutions
Unlike other common barcodes, Code 39 can also encode letters, which makes it indispensable in the transportation industry and the industrial sector. A frequent use case is in factory automation in the automotive and electronics industries. In the US, it was standardized and adopted by the Automotive Industry Action Group and is now used as the standard VIN Barcode.
- One-dimensional barcode that encodes 43 characters: uppercase letters, numeric digits, and a number of special characters
- It does not contain a check digit, so it is self-checking. Occasionally it contains a modulo 43 check digit.
- The low data density makes it unsuitable for tiny items
- Standardized as ANSI MH 10.8 M-1983 and ANSI/AIM BC1/1995
No more outdated scanning devices with the Scanbot Code 39 Barcode Scanner SDK
Using the Scanbot Code 39 Barcode Scanner SDK, you can…
- Extract 1D barcodes – such as Code 39 – with smartphones
- Reduce data entry costs significantly
- Turn modern smartphones into sophisticated multi-tools that talk directly to your systems
- Cut time-to-value – implemented within one week
- Capture data flawlessly
A reliable Barcode Scanner SDK covering a wide range of codes
Whether your app is used by your employees or your customers: You want it to work quickly and reliably. That’s why our Barcode Scanner SDK uses computer vision algorithms and machine learning models to guarantee lightning-fast and accurate barcode detection.
Its coverage of barcode symbologies is one of the widest out there. With the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK, you can solve business problems in any industry, automate workflows, and optimize your internal processes.
1D SymbologiesLearn more about our 1D Barcode Scanner
2D SymbologiesLearn more about our 2D Barcode Scanner
Would you like to know more about our pricing?
Get in touch with us and receive more pricing details within a day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Code 39 barcodes used for?
Unlike other standard 1D barcodes, Code 39 can also encode letters, making it indispensable in the industrial sector. A frequent use case is factory automation in the automotive and electronics industries.
Is Code 39 or Code 128 better?
Due to its higher data density, Code 128 is more convenient for smaller items. Additionally, it allows you to store the whole ASCII character set. For use cases that don't require large amounts of complex data to be stored, Code 39 can be preferable, as the lack of a check digit makes it much easier to print.
What is another name for the Code 39 barcode standard?
Code 39 is also known as Alpha39, Code 3 of 9, Code 3/9, Type 39, USS Code 39, or USD-3.