Senior Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/x)
Mid-Level / Senior
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/x), you will be at the forefront of innovation. Design and build new technologies from the ground up and bring cutting-edge machine learning models into production in close cooperation with our team and our customers. Solving novel problems should motivate you. Join an experienced, multicultural, and enthusiastic team, with lots of great opportunities for professional and personal growth. The results of your work will be used by millions of users every month!
What you will be doing:
- Research, develop, and apply ML and AI algorithms.
- Train and implement ML models and bring them into operation.
- Develop and improve the core of our cutting-edge SDKs by working on features like Barcode and Document Detection, Image Processing, Text Recognition, Data Intelligence, Real-time Data Extraction, AR Overlays.
- Partner closely with our Android, iOS, Web, and server teams as well as product management to continuously improve our products.
- Design and implement automated tests.
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by the QA team and our customers.
What you can expect from us:
- Responsibility from day one.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies like Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
- Flat hierarchies and opportunities to influence the company from the beginning.
- An experienced and inspiring team dedicated to shipping improvements and features continuously.
- A multitude of opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- A “get it done” policy and fast decision-making in a motivated, diverse, and open-minded team.
- A lived mutual feedback culture.
- Be part of a company with sustained strong growth – and we are just getting started.
- State-of-the-art tools and equipment (the latest MacBooks, mobile devices, screens…).
- A beautiful office with a huge garden and the Scanbot Gym.
- Easily accessible from the whole Cologne/Bonn area by train and car.
- An agile and flexible way of working.
- Sweet and healthy snacks and a large selection of drinks.
- “Come as you are” dress code.
- Lived work-life balance.
- And many other benefits.
What you need to succeed:
- Advanced Python skills and preferably C++ as well.
- High-performance computing experience is a big plus (Spark, CUDA, Cython, Numba).
- Strong knowledge of Linear Algebra.
- Appreciation and working knowledge of at least one of the following fields and areas: assembly, OS architecture and design, CPU architecture and design, vectorized computing, multithreaded computing, GPU computing, theory of computation, machine learning, or neural networks.
- Experience with cloud services is a plus (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with common software development tools like git (GitHub), bug and issue tracking (JIRA).
- Solid oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in English, fluency in German or other languages is a plus.
Please feel free to reach out to us