What are the core advantages of QR Codes?
So, those codes are widespread, but why? That question can be answered quickly. Let’s take a look at the benefits offered by the QR Code:
- Even a small QR Code can store thousands of numerical and alphanumerical characters, depending on the correction level.
- The error correction level allows the barcode to be damaged to up to 30% while still being readable.
- Readability is a generally important factor, as users can scan QR Codes from any angle and in bad lighting.
How can my business profit from QR Codes, and what is the easiest way to integrate them into a workflow?
As QR Codes can store a large amount of information, they can be used flexibly for any use case across industries. Popular examples are marketing (we’ve all seen QR Code stickers or brochures and posters with this symbology), ticketing (a while ago at least, when concerts and traveling were still a thing), or the postal dispatch of goods.
Easily said, QR Codes are one of the most convenient ways to store and transmit information safely and can thus be profitable for company internal communication and organization. And you won’t even need a dedicated employee app for this.
With QR Code Scanning on your company website (or inside an app, with Scanbot, the choice is up to you), you can improve:
Your approach to open workplaces: Especially during COVID-19, office space has become a relevant topic, as companies need to lower the number of employees per room to maintain a safe working environment. But not just due to the pandemic, desk management is going to be a more prominent topic in the future. Working remotely is going to become the new normal for many companies and their staff. Consequently, concepts with flexible working space and time, instead of designated desks and 9 to 5-time frames, are going to gain traction. Whenever someone wants to leave their home office and work together with their co-workers, they’ll be joining the office. As not all employees will be present at any time, this approach will include reducing the office space in general, of course. But who wants to arrive at work and face the issue of no desk being available? Weekly plans are going to disrupt the flexibility that was the initial focus. Here, QR Code Scanning comes in handy:
- Tom wants to join the office in about an hour.
- He logs into his company’s website or internal app to see if there are any desks available. Luckily, there is lots of space which he can use.
- After arriving at the office, Tom chooses one of the desks and scans the QR Code attached to it. The information is transferred to the booking overview in real-time for every co-worker to see.
- When leaving, Tom scans the QR Code once again to sign out from the desk.
This solution is highly flexible and allows keeping track of who sat next to each other at what time, which is a game-changer during the pandemic.
- Your device management: Equally, people can sign up for testing devices, study material, or other equipment they are borrowing. This way, one can quickly check if their desired item is free to use.
- Your data management: Many companies are still dealing with massive amounts of paperwork that they need to store using file folders. An outdated solution is writing keywords onto the back of the folder and hoping for the best of luck when trying to retrieve information. Today, printing QR Codes onto those folders can save time and effort within the daily workflow. As the Code holds up to around 4200 characters, companies can store detailed information on each folder’s content, which can be accessed within one second through a QR Code Scanner. Additionally, each document can be assigned a QR Code that holds precise information about the correct destination and workflow assigned to the paper. Worried about a leak of sensitive information? Intelligent on-device solutions ensure the highest data privacy.
- The spread of information: It could be cleaning the coffee machine, the use of a new device, or where to find particular material. Often, there’s only one person who knows how to do something the proper way. What if this person is absent or can’t be reached via the company chat? Information regarding a machine’s functionality or unique task can be efficiently stored in a QR Code attached to the item. Anyone can check up any relevant information within seconds. This is incredibly convenient when dealing with high numbers of new employees.
As always, there are endless further opportunities to use QR Code scanning for your internal operations, depending on the particular use case that you are trying to cover.