Which devices can be used to scan IBANs, and what does this workflow look like?
Theoretically, your employees can scan IBANs with any mobile device with a rear camera, whether smartphone or tablet. A BYOD model, where they use their own devices, enables further cost savings.
First-class IBAN scanning requires modern Scanner and OCR software. These tools efficiently convert the data into digital copies, for example, into key-value pairs. Such functionalities are usually available as a Software Development Kit. They can be integrated into any mobile app, whether internal employee application or free customer app.
Let’s now directly compare a conventional process for entering IBANs with an optimized, digital alternative.
A conventional workflow and its pain points:
- An employee wants to enter the IBAN on a paper invoice into the system.
- They open the required program on a PC.
- Now, they enter the IBAN manually. This method can take up to half a minute, as typing mistakes have to be corrected and rechecked.
- Once the entry is complete, the IBAN can be processed.
Despite checks and corrections, this manual process frequently produces incorrect IBAN entries. However, even accurate transmission is time-consuming and cost-intensive – especially because it prevents efficient, smooth operations.
To streamline their workflows and ultimately cut costs, businesses need high-performance solutions that combine accuracy and speed to achieve high-quality output. Process automation is the key to a future-proof strategy and brings the services offered by your enterprise to the next level.
An optimized IBAN Scanner workflow based on a mobile Scanner SDK:
The following workflow showcases the advantages of using a mobile IBAN Scanner inside your app. Cutting-edge scanning and OCR capabilities boost automated processing and guarantee data accuracy.
- An employee wants to enter an IBAN on a paper document into the system.
- They open the internal mobile app on their smartphone and immediately scan the IBAN via the Scanner SDK. This takes only a few milliseconds and ensures maximum accuracy.
- The digitized copy of the IBAN is now ready for processing.
As you can see, this digital workflow is an optimal alternative to error-prone, laborious manual entry.
In the following, we summarize the advantages of mobile IBAN scanning.
Benefits of a mobile IBAN Scanner inside your application:
- Data accuracy: The machine-learning algorithms powering modern scanning software guarantee flawless results – even under bad lighting conditions, with creased paper documents, or from poor angles.
- Speed: IBAN scanning in milliseconds significantly decreases the workload dedicated to digitizing data.
- Cost reduction: The reduced time spent typing in IBANs manually and the increased accuracy decrease operational costs enormously. Implementing a BYOD strategy additionally avoids the cost of dedicated hardware.