VP Engineering (m/f/d)
As VP Engineering, you will support our CTO and all development teams to build and release great software which adds value for our customers on a global scale. In this role, you will significantly contribute to our overall engineering strategy and shape our way towards establishing Scanbot as a top technology company. You will be managing the long-term and daily challenges of all our technical development environments.
We're currently not looking for someone in this position, but are always open to your speculative job application!
You will be joining an experienced, multicultural, and enthusiastic team, with lots of great opportunities for professional and personal growth. Our products are used by over 200 companies and touch millions of lives every month.
What you will be doing
- Work very closely with the CTO and other team leads like Product, Marketing and Sales.
- Build an engaging and rewarding environment for the development team.
- Discuss new features and the underlying architecture, test and improve the public APIs of our SDKs (we love to eat our own dog food) in close collaboration with the whole team.
- Discuss and define the exact specifications of tasks for all the development teams (currently two mobile teams, cross-platform- , Machine Learning- , and the QA automation team).
- Discuss and specify the technical vision and architecture of our products with the development teams.
- Manage product releases, including hands-on work like reviewing pull requests when necessary.
- Maintain and improve our public technical documentation as well as our example apps on GitHub.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the CI/CD pipelines.
- Research new technologies, frameworks, and libraries.
- Identify, evaluate, and introduce new tools to increase the productivity of our software development efforts.
- Maintain an overview of the bigger strategic picture for our products, like ensuring feature parity between the different platforms, etc.
- Support our recruiting processes, e.g. by checking the example code of candidates.
- Manage the investigation and fixing of bugs reported by the internal QA team and our customers.
- Coordinate our activities in the technical support channels.
What you can expect from us
- Responsibility from the day you start.
- A competitive salary and employee benefits package.
- Work with cutting edge technologies like Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
- An experienced team that is willing to ship improvements and features continuously.
- A multitude of possibilities to improve professionally and personally.
- Modern tools and equipment (latest MacBooks / mobile devices / displays).
- Beautiful and modern office right next to the Rhine river.
- Easily accessible by train and car from the whole Cologne / Bonn area.
What we are looking for
- 4 years or more of experience as a Technical Team Lead for a start-up or for a small /medium-sized enterprise is desirable.
- Effective leadership skills to motivate team members.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to efficiently structure and prioritize your own work and the work of your team.
- Distinctive communication skills being able to communicate with developers at eye level and a high level of commitment.
- Deep knowledge of Software Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming, Reactive Programming.
- Professional experience with at least two of these mobile technologies: native Android, native iOS, cross-platform frameworks like Flutter, React Native, Cordova, Capacitor, Xamarin.
- Advanced experience with common software development tools like git (GitHub), bug and issue tracking (JIRA).
- Fluency in English (fluency in German, Russian or other languages is not required, but a plus).
- Openness towards new technologies and a willingness to quickly learn them.
- Good knowledge about software security principles.
- Experience with tools like gcc, make, CMake as well as with libraries like OpenCV, TensorFlow, Tesseract is a plus.
- Good understanding of Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision algorithms is a plus.
- Experience in setting up and working with cloud services (AWS, GCP) is a plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting and technical support (3rd level) is beneficial.
If you are willing to join us on our exciting journey, simply click the button below and send us a short informal email with your CV and a brief introduction about yourself.