Senior C++ Engineer Machine Learning (m/f/d)
Mid-Level / Senior
As a Senior C++ Engineer ML, you will be at the forefront of innovation. You will bring cutting-edge machine learning models into production in cooperation with our team and our customers. Solving novel problems should motivate, not dispirit you. Our successful B2B product Scanbot SDK is used by large companies all around the world, amongst them Fortune 500 and Dax 30 corporations. You will be joining an experienced, multicultural, and enthusiastic team, with lots of great opportunities for professional and personal growth. Your code will be used by millions of users every month!
We're currently not looking for someone in this position, but are always open to your speculative job application!
What you will be doing
- Develop computer vision and ML-based features with real-time requirements.
- Integrate ML models created by our ML engineers in all our SDK products.
- Develop and improve the core of our cutting-edge SDKs with features like Barcode- and Document Detection, Image Processing, Text Recognition, Data Intelligence, Real-time Data Extraction, AR-Overlays.
- Work with our researchers to turn Python-based prototypes into production-ready and cross-platform C++ code.
- Partner closely with our Android-, iOS-, Web-, and server teams as well as product management to continuously improve our products.
- Design and implement automated tests.
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by the QA team and our customers.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of development experience using C++ with a focus on computer vision and machine learning.
- Superb ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Good knowledge of Python and NumPy.
- Strong knowledge of linear algebra and OpenCV.
- Appreciation and working knowledge of any of the following fields and areas is a big plus: assembly, OS architecture and design, CPU architecture and design, vectorized computing, multithreaded computing, GPU computing, the theory of computation, machine learning, and neural networks.
- Experience with any of the following libraries and technologies is a big plus: Boost C++, C++17, Eigen/xtensor, WebAssembly.
- Experience with cloud services is a plus (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with common software development tools like git (GitHub), bug and issue tracking (JIRA).
- Solid oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in English, fluency in German or other languages is not required, but a plus.
What you can expect from us
- Responsibility from the day you start.
- Flat hierarchies with the opportunity to influence the company from the beginning.
- An experienced, international, and inspiring environment that is willing to ship improvements and features continuously.
- A multitude of possibilities to improve professionally and personally.
- A “get it done” policy and fast decision-making in a motivated, diverse, and open-minded team.
- A lived, mutual feedback culture.
- Be part of a company with sustained strong growth - we are just getting started.
- Beautiful and modern office right next to the Rhine river with state-of-the-art tools and equipment.
- Modern tools and equipment (latest MacBooks / mobile devices / displays).
- Easily accessible by train and car from the whole Cologne / Bonn area.
- An agile and flexible way of working.
- Sweet and healthy snacks and a large selection of drinks.
- "Come as you are Dresscode".
- Lived Work-life balance.
- And many more benefits.
If you are willing to join us on our exciting journey, simply click the button below and send us a short informal email with your CV and a brief introduction about yourself. Additionally, any side-projects or CS-related contest awards are a great way to show us your past work or to demonstrate your skills!