Senior Android Developer (m/f/d)
As a Senior Android Developer, you will develop innovative core features for our successful B2C Android App Scanbot in close collaboration with UX and UI experts. Furthermore, you will work on our B2B product Scanbot SDK, which is used by large companies all around the world. You will be joining an experienced, multicultural and enthusiastic team, with lots of great opportunities for professional and personal growth. Your code will be used by millions of users!
What you can expect from us
- Responsibility from the day you start.
- No “bullshit” policy and fast decision making. We ship code which is used by millions!
- An experienced team which will help you to grow as a developer.
- A multitude of possibilities to improve professionally and personally.
- Modern tools and equipment (Latest MacBooks / Android Phones / displays).
- Beautiful and modern office right next to the Rhine river.
What you will be doing
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile application.
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our product offering.
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews.
- Develop custom UI and beautiful product animations.
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by the QA team and our users.
- Improve the cutting edge Android scanning SDK.
- Research and use new technologies like AI and ML.
What we are looking for
- Three years (or more) experience in developing Android applications.
- Excellent programming skills in Java (Language and APIs), Kotlin and willingness to become an excellent Kotlin coder
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Oriented Programming and Clean Code.
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Understanding of reactive development paradigm and experience with RxJava
- NDK is not a beast for you
- Experience in mobile testing (Robolectric, JUnit, Espresso is a big plus)
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Android Studio, Android Profiler for performance debugging and related instruments.
- Experience with common software development tools like git (GitHub), bug and issue tracking (JIRA).
- Fluency in English (fluency in German or other languages is not required, but a plus).
If you are willing to join us on our exciting journey, simply click the button below and send us a short informal email with your CV and a brief introduction about yourself.